Friday, February 7, 2014

THE CONDUIT - Jeff Bobbins EP Release of Album Entitled SIX


The new EP is finally here! I have been working hard since my move back to sunny Orlando, Florida from Boston, Massachusetts. I have been wanting to get a heavy progressive metal / djent album out that was better than my last two in terms of production quality. Although the musical quality is debatable, I am sure that everyone will agree that this album, SIX's production quality is definitely topping my previous productions, "DMT Paragon" (made under TREASON TO WITNESS alias) and "Beauty and Balance" (made featuring the musicians from Bostons, YANTRA) 
I am in love with the musicality in this album though. Its all coming along so wonderfully and the EP is a good teaser for what is to come. I believe that the music has matured and is evolving into something with much more of its own identity, attitude, and personalized captivation. It is certain to grab listeners and I did intend to rape people emotionally with this. This music is not supposed to feel good; although, it is hear to inspire and motivate the public to contribute more art like it. 
The reason why I am so much more excited for SIX than DMT Paragon is because the music is so much more emotionally concentrated and deliberate. I wrote DMT Paragon with TREASON TO WITNESS when I was 18 and had nothing under my belt. At this time, getting a good album out was my most magnified priority, opposed to actually trying to influence the minds of the public. Now the songs each have a lethal dose of poisonous chemistry, and hopefully they will leave a dynamic impression on its listener.
I am more confident about the heavy metal of "SIX" than I was with "Beauty and Balance", the album I produced with Yantra. 
At the time that Beauty and balance was being written, I was living in a crumbling apartment in Boston with a girl I loved (she hated me), hoping my father would beat his brain cancer (he didn't), and dealing with people who just had straight shit attitudes every day. I had no one to turn to and had to carry my own emotional baggage, plus the weight of everyone else while producing and finalizing this album. I had to do a lot of work to make this album happen, and in the end people just spit in my face for it.  I never had the heart to tell them how much they hurt me or turned my soul to filth because I was weak, but soon they will receive shit for the shit they emit. I understand that this may seem pessimistic, but believe me, when you move forward too fast watch out for the people close to you because they're  the biggest sharks out there. You're peers want to keep you as PEERS, so don't ever show them when you get rewarded for working hard.
I had a cheerful, bright, and optimistic soul. Once I lost my home/belongings/job in boston, had a "nightmare" breakup of a three year relationship, and lost my father to a gruesome GBD brain tumor, I moved back to Orlando, Florida and started to acquire a more hateful and aggressive, yet expansive outlook on life. Coincidentally, some mysterious man from South Africa called me around this time and said that Lucifer was going to give me everything I ever dreamed of. Sorry to digress, but fuck it this is a blog.
Anyway, the album SIX does a great job of encompassing this breakdown and retrograde evolution of my life. I strongly suggest listening to it on a powerful hallucinogenic. I don't know if any music embodies the same beautiful hatred that Vildhjarta's music has, but I have to say this album kind of recaptured that form of identity with a different glimmer to it. Just check it out: jeffbobbin.bandcamp.com

PS. an apparition might approach you and ask you to join their ritual in a shed, if so then take the opportunity. A few moments of conceptualizing eternal torture has never left anyone without a good wit.

6
6
6





No comments:

Post a Comment