Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tesseract - Perfection Cover by Jeff Bobbin Using East West Quantum Leap Symphony Orchestra


Download the full brand new technical EP entitled "SIX" by heavy progressive metal band, THE CONDUIT at the link provided below:

jeffbobbin.bandcamp.com

East West Quantum Leap Symphony Orchestra is a brilliant VST with a beautiful library filled with the best instrumentation heard in film underscore and classical music. In this cover of "Perfection" by the famous djent metal band Tesseract I incorporated a quartet comprised of the violin, cello, and harp presets. It was as easy as opening up the EWQL Gold vst in garage band and programming the midi within the grid. By programming I just mean clicking in the notes. Literally, it was that easy to make this and only took a few hours.
Once the programming was finished I bounced each individual track to Pro Tools and mixed it using Waves Mercury. I recorded the vocals using a condenser mic through a Digi 002r interface. I performed the vocals on three tracks, one lead and two back ups for harmonization. This song resonates with me to the core and I am sure that many other people can profoundly relate to these captivating lyrics and ground breaking musicality.

Lyrics:

Give me just one moment
Through the eyes of the one in
A picture perfect moment
In the life of the one who is
Something better, more than
Anything i will ever be
Give me just one second
Just to touch what I'll never own
Let me count those feelings
Of love that i will never share
Show me your compassion
In the dark of this world
I would give it all
For one taste of it
Of everything
I would give it all
To become you
Well i finally found out
That this world
This whole worlds a lie
And ill try
I would give it all to become you

The general public will probably never learn to appreciate the divine qualities of Tesseract and other heavy progressive metal bands like it, but this technical genre has something that the others do not, and that is a devoted, passionate, and die hard fan base. They are acclaimed by few and all though the fans are low in numbers compared to world famous musicians like Beyonce, the fan base is certainly comprised of more quality and intellectually inclined listeners that will support music like this for a lifetime. These listeners are not slave to trend and will continue to embrace timeless musical ideas. Long live heavy progressive metal!

No comments:

Post a Comment